Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

where to acquire information about UK visa?

icebox619

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: uk visa
  • Added on: January 6th, 2011
Hi,

I just have a question. How can i obtain UK visa? i need an accurate information about the process. I am an online freelance worker for years and one of my client offered me a real job. I mean he wants me to travel in UK and work for real in their company. This is an opportunity that i do not want to miss. If you are a Filipino and manage to acquire UK visa. Kindly let me know the process that you've taken in order to succeed in the application. Even if you are not a filipino. A help from you would be appreciated by me. I read many post about UK visa and still i need additional information to validate them all. I have a choice right now and i just want a second opinion. looking forward on your response. Thanks in advance.

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 6th, 2011
Visa information is all online at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk .
The points calculator can help you determine if you're eligible.

What you're probably looking at is a Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) visa. For a short term job of a year or less, a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) may also work, assuming what you do could qualify as "creative." Whether you qualify or not depends mostly on what kind of work you do (is it identified as a shortage in the UK?), and what your qualifications are, and how good your English is. Your employer will almost certainly have to sponsor you, which is a somewhat onerous process, unless you somehow meet the criteria for "highly skilled," which usually means post-graduate degrees, and possibly an international reputation.

You might want to consider engaging an immigration lawyer. I would hope that your potential employer would be willing to help with this.

Return to Europe Travel