Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in London with a 12-hour layover.

Where to go for 6 days

IG

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 30th, 2011
I'm in London for a few days at the end of June and meeting a friend there to take a trip with....anywhere in Europe

The Situation:
We have 6 days and no flights booked.
->Criteria:
-best weather (hot and sunny)
-cheapest fight
-beautiful city to sit on a patio by the water (or close enough) and watch the people and the sun set
-hotel accommodation that's cheap but clean

Plan thus far:
Plan was to go to Barcelona (fly) and perhaps drive up to south of france or stick around Barcelona.
Another plan was to go to the Amalfi coast

or anywhere really

...greece and turkey are out (those are for longer trips)

Thoughts of itinerary, country choice, and most importantly suggestions for cheap flights and hotel?

:) IG

AndrewN

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 31st, 2011
The Barcelona plan sounds great.

Last year, my wife and I flew to Barcelona and rented a car for a week (pretty inexpensive via Alamo in Barcelona) and stayed along the Costa Brava (between Barcelona and the edge of France) at two places:

Tossa de Mar:
+ gorgeous, no resorts (only smaller hotels and B&Bs)
+ not many North American tourists, mainly Spanish & German tourists when we were there
+ great swimming & snorkeling
+ amazing medieval castle
http://www.thiscityismine.com/images/092910_01.jpg

and Cadaqués
+ a little more well-known
+ a little more expensive/fancy
+ less direct beach/sand area
+ beautiful town
http://www.thiscityismine.com/images/092910_09.jpg

Amazing food over there, also.

Nicolas De Corte

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 1st, 2011
You might want to try one of the Canary Islands, I think there are direct Ryanair flights from London to most of the islands.
I've been to Lanzarote and it's really nice, but you'll need a car so you can get out of the tourist areas.

Erika Ayala

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 3rd, 2011
Are there Eurotrip packages for only 8 days? I've heard from a friend that she went to 5 countries in Europe for only 8 days. For someone who is employed, this is the easiest option to go on a vacation leave without missing out that much on work.
Hope you can help me out with the tours and packages :)
It's for the Kids!! Support Adopt A School

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 3rd, 2011
Well, we had a great time in Nerja, which is a smallish town in southern Spain. You can get to Malaga on Ryanair for sure and possibly easyjet too for great prices. Then it's just an hour or so by bus from there. It's easy, relaxing, and was a beautiful little town. Well worth a visit!

IG

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 6th, 2011
thanks for the insight.
thus far tossa de mar and nerja look good! I think a quaint villa overlooking water with a quick drive to the beach is the feel i'm going for. I'm not looking for the party 'all inclusive' resort atmosphere.

the only issue is the south of spain is far from barcelona and that i wanted to get in for sure!

keep any suggestions in a 2 hr radius of barcelona coming my way!! any specific hotels/villas/boutique hotels that you guys suggest is also appreciated!

:)

Return to Europe Travel