Head Down Under and yap about bloody Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Determine the best place to buy a car, how to get a working holiday visa and the best route for travelling the east coast of Oz and around the Kiwi Islands.

Whitsundays

skip139

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: whitsundays
  • Added on: December 7th, 2010
Hi

Does anybody know if it is best to book your Whitsunday trip before you get there or leave it to when you arrive? I heard from one person that they saw deals when in Sydney and then it was more expensive when they got there. But I also read that you can get last minute deals if you leave it till you arrive. I'm planning on being there over new year...

Thanks for any help/advice,

Kerrie

LilaBear

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 8th, 2010
What sort of trip? Sailing trip? Staying-in-a-resort-on-an-island trip? If you are going on a sailing trip, be aware you might lose your deposit if they have to cancel due to bad weather (and in December/January, bad weather is a high possibility). New Years is probably quite busy so booking might be your safest option.

skip139

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 14th, 2010
I was looking at sailing trips and resorts too but have now decided against the sailing ( well my budget decided!) I decided to book and will now be in the Whitsundays for New Year, so it's all good.

jackberry

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 15th, 2010
Well, that's good! Booking is safest way, but be aware from any weather condition. Because am sure December and January always have a rainy day.

partymarty4870

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 16th, 2011
just remember - you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to Whitsundays sailing trips
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Return to Australasia and the Pacific Islands Travel