By using BootsnAll products and services, you help us provide travel guides, stories and this great community! Our resident expert will be posting information about our products and services so you can check 'em out yourself.

Wiki-type Travel Site

Dangergirl

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: February 24th, 2008
Hi there

So far I am loving looking through this site - its amazing. I wanted to share another travel site with people that has just launched that is wiki-based. So people can add their own content and update other people's content just like you can on wikipedia. It's also pretty cool. www.adventurechatter.com

Happy traveling people!

Dangergrrrl

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 24th, 2008
Another ad-supported travel site? Gee, thanks.

WT

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 28th, 2008
quote:
Another ad-supported travel site?

Aren't they all? Bootsnall is and many of their main contributors. I am confused by your comment.

I like wiki's in general and the fact that this one is based on other travelers information. IMHO, you can not have too many travelers-helping-other-travelers opportunities. Wink
http://www.soultravelers3.com

I am always doing that
which I can not do,
in order that
I may learn how to do it.
PABLO PICASSO

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

BootsnAll has an enormous amount of useful content; something not easily created. It has taken years to create it and lots of work by all those involved, including me. For someone to join just to promote a site (she has one post, total) that is still in its infancy is very, very tacky.
For a real Wiki travel site, try Wikitravel.

WT

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

Thanks Static....now I get your point. Wink
http://www.soultravelers3.com

I am always doing that
which I can not do,
in order that
I may learn how to do it.
PABLO PICASSO

Zeke14

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 14th, 2008
Considering that the advertised website doesn't even include my 2 favorite countries in the world (Syria and Laos) there's little to no chance that I'll ever use Dangergirls link.
Words of Wisdom: You can never get a drunk to lower their voice.

Viaggero

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 16th, 2008
Homepage URL: http://www.adventurechatter.com

She may be new, but at least she admits to being connected with the site she is promoting. But that doesn't bother me.

I like Burger King and McDonald's - you don't just have to like one. We are travelers which by our nature means we like variety. I like BNA for somethings and 'that other board' for other things. Even if I check out her board and like it, I will always remain a member of BNA forums. So don't panic! It's all good.

Kendrick

falling-horizontally

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 25th, 2008
I tend to like wikitravel myself:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Main_Page

Sure, it is ad supported. I don't have much of a problem with that as long as the user-generated content stays open. Wikitravel is licensed under the creative commons license. People could copy the whole site if they wanted.
--------------------------------------
Sure, my website is SimplyLeave.com, but sometimes I'm just simply lost.

Michael C

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 28th, 2008
I love wikitravel! I never use it to do much actual planning, but it's excellent to take a quick tour of a place, and to get some initial ideas. It's sort of a quick first-stop for me.

TT is good for getting details about where to stay, and how to get there.

Frommers is for where to eat.

And Boots, for me, is about 'what it all means.'

This proposed site? I checked it out, and couldn't find anything of use. What else do you need?
Michael C

chelley

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 18th, 2009
Michael C wrote:I love wikitravel! I never use it to do much actual planning, but it's excellent to take a quick tour of a place, and to get some initial ideas. It's sort of a quick first-stop for me. TT is good for getting details about where to stay, and how to get there.Frommers is for where to eat.And Boots, for me, is about 'what it all means.' This proposed site? I checked it out, and couldn't find anything of use. What else do you need?

What's TT?
~M

Return to BootsnAll Travel Resources