By using BootsnAll products and services, you help us provide travel guides, stories and this great community! Our resident expert will be posting information about our products and services so you can check 'em out yourself.

You have aisle seats on a 3 hour flight. If you switch to a middle seat you would get 2,500 miles for each leg of the trip. Would you do it?

yes
79%
no
21%

Total votes : 71

would you trade an aisle seat on 3 hr flight for 2500 miles?

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 31st, 2007
I guess I just don't see the big deal about the middle seat. In my experience, economy is economy, and I don't find much difference between an aisle and the middle, particularly on short flights like the hypothetical one in the question.

Really, me being in the middle seat is just more of a hassle for the aisle seat person, since I'll get up once every hour or two regardless of where I sit.

Canuck Girl

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 31st, 2007
HELL YEAH I would!
1. it's only 3 hrs long
2. I am a self proclaimed miles whore Big Grin
Solo Traveler. Spunky Woman. A World of Misadventure. I'm currently traveling through Thailand, Mongolia and Northwestern China. Follow my adventures on my blog Spunky Girl Monologues, or 'Like' me on Facebook

2gowhere?

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 6th, 2007
Well, the poll results show 75% would and 25% wouldn't...the total miles I 'would' have gained was 5,000 (thanks Canuck Girl, I now know what I am too)...every $ means a mile to me at this point...that said, I checked with Continental and they will only give the miles IF there are no window or aisle seats available for OnePass members (regardless of status)...so I'm not giving up my aisle seats this time. As a total frequent flyer 'virgin' (umm, can I be a miles whore and a virgin too??) sorry, couldn't resist..., I have to see how others would handle situations that present themselves. Thanks for all your input.

anniebanannie

All that and a bag of Doritos

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 20th, 2007
For one hour, maybe...for 3 hours, no way. 2500 miles just isn't enough.

Like NTFT said, I would use miles to get out of a middle seat, should I be forced into one. I don't like being trapped. My comfort is worth more to me at this point in my flying life.

shahi

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 5th, 2007
i don't usually care where i sit, so i'd do it for the extra mileage. besides, 3 hours is kind of nothing.

Dirtybootz

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 19th, 2007
Agree with shahi...3 hours is nothing, if not half a book or a short nap.

5+ hours is where the seat starts to matter more.
_____

I do not deny my hedonistic tendencies. I revel in them.

LostParrot

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 21st, 2007
3 hours in the middle for extra points, hell yes I'll do it!

chris.ross

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 21st, 2007
No way . . .

I'm a big guy, at 6'3" I join the others who would PAY to get out of middle or window seat. On many AC configs, window seat is worse with curve forcing shoulders into hapless seatmate in the middle.

xscorcho

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2008
id do it.... i just had an 8 hour flight and i was in the middle between two strangers and it didnt bother me... so i think i could handle a three hour flight with an incentive Big Grin

Littlemustard

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2008
i would totally do it! 3 hours is really nothing. I have a habit of passing out quickly on planes so it'd be over in the blink of an eye. I might even do it for a cross country flight (since i've had to do it several times for no miles) but i probably wouldn't do it on a transatlantic flight.

Skyehiker

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 28th, 2008
At 6'6", I wouldn't give up an aisle for 2500 miles. No way.

Definitely not in questionable weather times, when there's the possibility one might be "stuck" in that middle seat a LOT longer than planned.

It isn't that long of a flight 'tho, if I were a LOT shorter, I MIGHT consider it.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. ---St. Augustine

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 23rd, 2008
if the plane had 2 3 2, a window is nothing on a 3 hr flight...if its 3 2 3 or 3 3, on a 3+ hour flight I'll still give up the aisle seat for 2500 hundred miles...

giving up an aisle seat for a window in a 3 seat row for a flight longer than 4 hours will not happen for me that is my threshold...
Josh has taken his much needed vacation and will be going on another Christmas to New Years 2011/2012. However, before he does read about his past trips http://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Njames

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 17th, 2009
I would any day of the week. I like window seats better anyways, the things you see from the air are just too awsome to pass up. Plus I don't get bugged when people need to use the restroom.

Hungrytravelers1

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 5th, 2009
Yes I'd totally do it :D

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 18th, 2010
No way.
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

PreviousNext

Return to BootsnAll Travel Resources