Travel writing seems like a dream job: a life on the road, going exotic places, writing whenever you wanted and getting paid for it too! Get tips on how to break into the business, learn more about what it's really like working as a travel writer and get feedback on your own stories.

Write for Nomadic Activist

Worldtrippers

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: blog
  • Added on: August 17th, 2014
Hey BootsnAll community - I'm launching a new blog meant to connect travel and social activist/good around the world - and thought I would start my search for partners here at BnA! Details below.

----

Write about travel, help change the world.

There are A LOT of travel blogs out there. And there are a lot of sites with articles on global issues. But none connect travel and social activism directly.

Nomadic Activist is a new portal that will be built around stories from the road written by knowledgeable traveler-activists. We will connect readers to the social issues facing the world through on-the-ground voices. Whether it be on topics such as the pressures of increased migration in Singapore, Malaysia's resource-driven political economy, or guides on how to be a better, more knowledgeable traveler, Nomadic Activist will be a source for in-depth writing and demonstrate to readers how meaningful travel can enrich you and build a better, more inclusive world.

Join.

Are you a traveler who seeks to better understand the world when on the road? Do you look for commonalities, get involved in local politics, or actively work on social and cultural issues? And, do you love writing? Then submit an application to join us today.

http://bit.ly/UmJB9V

Nomadic Activist will be an open-source, community-owned group blog. Though I will be the initial editor, I see the site as a collaborative effort, with decisions being made as a team and ownership tied to participation. I am currently seeking driven writers interested in contributing to the site's development.

At this stage, contributors will be unpaid. Initially, all revenues will go into the site's back-end, however, if we build and grow well, initial contributors, as part-owners, will benefit. Estimated launch in the 4th quarter of 2014.

Interested? Then click below to fill out an application.

http://bit.ly/UmJB9V

Return to Travel Writing