Travel writing seems like a dream job: a life on the road, going exotic places, writing whenever you wanted and getting paid for it too! Get tips on how to break into the business, learn more about what it's really like working as a travel writer and get feedback on your own stories.

Writers needed

Robert Little

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: August 31st, 2007
I am looking for someone (or people) to write some climate/best time to visit information for each country.

The writing should be about one or two paragraphs per country and include things such as transport availability and public holidays.

A good example would be to look at a travel guidebook and look at where it might say best time to visit.

I am willing to pay for this. I am not sure of the price but please don't expect to become rich from this.

The plan is to include the data on the site projectvisa.com, so if you want some sort of recognition for your work we can work something out.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
http://projectvisa.com

girlgoesglobal

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Little:
The writing should be about one or two paragraphs per country and include things such as transport availability and public holidays.

I am willing to pay for this. I am not sure of the price but please don't expect to become rich from this.

With 194 countries on the map, and 2 paragraphs each, I wonder why you've not established a set rate for this project. Is it negotiable? Per word? Per country? Are you contracting writers? Do you have a time limit? Please offer a few more specifics.
http://girlgoesglobal.com is back!

Andy Pettefer

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

I agree with girlgoesglobal, you really have to be a bit more specific about how much text you require for each country.

If you want information about climate, public holidays and transport availability, you are going to need more than 1 or 2 paragraphs.

Markus

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 8th, 2007
You are also going to need a less ugly site that isn't so obviously just designed to get a high search index rank so you can sell ad space.

Cristina Puscas

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 19th, 2007
if it's not too late , i'd love to help you! i'm an insider on BTN and a travel writer (Freelancer writer for the network). have been a writer for 2.5+ yrs. drop a private message if you want or should i ? wt fees and all?
~~Travel Writer~~
WhyGo Greece

~"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Confucius

Return to Travel Writing