Discover the last great frontier on earth...yourself! Discuss the personal exploration or spiritual quests related to travel. Share lessons learned and inspirational thoughts - delve deeper into self-understanding.

Yoga and meditation in India on a low-budget?

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 31st, 2009
Hello everyone

I'm interested in studying yoga (any style, really) and doing some meditation while in India. I'm willing to commit a few weeks, but definitely on a tight budget. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with staying at an ashram where one can work daily in exchange for room/board/yoga/meditation. I've heard it can be pretty full-on and I'm completely prepared for that. (I work long hours as a way of life) I've studied Ashtanga yoga and various forms thereof for the past 6 years.

Any info, websites, advice?

Cheers :D
DOING is a quantum leap from IMAGINING

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 4th, 2009
Try checking out

They are all about Vipassana Meditation and work on donation basis only.
I'm Flickring away...

"The difference between loneliness and solitude is your perception of who you are alone with and who made the choice." --anonymous quote

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 14th, 2009
I stayed at Anand Prakash. They offer two classes of hatha yoga daily. I'm not aware of any work-for-room inboard programs but you can stay in a super clean double w/ attached bathroom for 500 Rs (approx $10.00) and that includes everything (two yoga classes, and three meals a day). Rishikesh was a great experience for me personally...I suggest you look into your long-term stay there.
Compassion has no limit. Kindness has no enemy.

Return to The Spiritual Traveler